Just as women go through menopause, which causes a decrease in hormones, SO DO MEN.
The male analog to menopause, known as ANDROPAUSE, is not nearly as dramatic as the female
version. Some men, though, may actually go through a rather sudden change in
testosterone levels that might correlate with the hormonal changes that women
experience during menopause. However, most men experience a slower, more subtle
When hormones are replaced or restored to physiologic levels considered normal for
younger males, older men may experience a dramatic reversal of many of the changes
caused by aging.
Natural Bio Identical Hormone Replacement Therapy in men involves the use of the
hormone Testosterone. Please note that Natural Testosterone should not be confused
with synthetic derivatives. Testosterone deficiency in males has been an unrecognized
syndrome for many years, possibly because the blood levels of testosterone in men
decrease over time.
Andropause Replacement Therapy may also include the addition of Pregnenolone,
DHEA (Dehydroepiandrosterone), Aromatase Inhibitors, Chrysin, Dihydrostestosterone,
Zinc, Selenium, and other supplements.
There are many symptoms of testosterone deficiency that are sometimes referred to as
the “grumpy man syndrome”.
Testosterone deficiency may consist of a variety of signs and symptoms
- Reduced libido or the reduced desire for sex
- Fatigue or a decrease in physical stamina
- Difficulty in maintaining erections
- Decrease in mental sharpness, or memory impairment
- Weight gain
- Feelings of depression and anxiety
- Heart disease
- Reduced muscle mass
- Disturbed Sleep
- Low sperm count
- Slow wound healing
PharmacyMax Labs will work together with you and your physician to decide which
dosage form may be best suited to your needs.
Some Compounded Dosage Forms include:
- Transdermal- Testosterone is absorbed into the skin from creams and gels that
can be applied to the body, and the cream/gel absorbs rapidly thru the skin.
(Note: shaving body hair is not required.)
- Sublingual (under the tounge) or Buccal- This is a good choice for rapid
absorption. This includes sublingual drops, sublingual or buccal troches (gelatin
or wax lozenges), which are absorbed through the oral mucosa.
- Oral Capsules- the alternative dosage when either topical or sublingual cannot
There are many possible benefits of Male Hormone Replacement Therapy. These
benefits may include:
- Improvement in psychological well-being and mood
- Improvement in erectile dysfunction
- Improvement in libido
- Increased muscle mass
- Increased strength and stature
- Preservation of bone mass
- Possible decrease in cardiovascular risk
- The ability to re-establish a hormonal balance
In home saliva testing kits for male hormone levels are available. Contact
PharmacyMax Labs for further information.